Tuesday, November 27, 2012

High Fashion aka Skinny Bitches

So, I had a photoshoot in Norco at this crazy burned out building covered in graffiti on Sunday.  It was a High Fashion/Concept shoot, and I had an idea in my head of how I wanted to look and what I wanted to convey in these images.  It's interesting, but ideas often end up taking on a life of their own when I model.  I was thinking sleek and clean, and it became 'Blade Runner' meets evening wear meets fugitive.  I like the results I think, but I didn't expect them. And so much is lost in translation, in that, I think this still looks edgy, but I didn't feel edgy that day. Or cool.  Or fashion-y. I felt hot and dirty and covered with hobo germs, and I wondered how these high fashion girls do it.  Stay so thin, model in these crazy positions at these crazy locations, make everything look so easy.  The more modeling I do, the more I respect the pro girls, the one's who get paid the big bucks.  As glamorous as their lives look, I think they must also be very difficult lives, lonely perhaps, and full of sacrifice.  And for everyone but the supermodels, their jobs are over at 23.  Every time I open a magazine, I try not to hate, but to appreciate...I try anyway.  Skinny bitches. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment